There are a lot of blogging awards out there, but what makes them meaningful is the message behind it and the intention of the person nominating you.I want to thank Karissa from Rissie Blog for nominating me for this award. I already shared this with her and my followers on Twitter, but her message sharing this award with me was exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it. I’ve had a tough couple of months. I have completely neglected this blog and social media while I navigate this emotional and difficult time of transition in my life. I was feeling down on myself, and her little message did so much to lift my spirits. So, thank you, Karissa!
I’m sure you have already seen her on her blog, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, but if you haven’t, go look her up. She has an infectious smile and such a bubbly personality that compliments her obvious drive and dedication to her creative life. She’s an inspiration and tremendous joy in my blogging experience.
In her post, she wrote that this award is described as such on the VBA website:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
To me, this award means growing within a community that allows you to learn about yourself, your world, creativity and friendship.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include a link to their blog
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 facts about you
- Select blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly
Now, onto the rest!
FACTS ABOUT Me
- Hedgehogs are my favorite animal!
- I love grilled cheese sandwiches, bacon cheeseburgers with a side of barbecue sauce, red wine, and trying new beers.
- I like to consider myself a reader and have been trying to make an effort to dedicate more concentrated time to it! (Read more about that here…) My favorite book is “A Tale of Two Cities.”
- My favorite movie is Funny Face
- Alexander McQueen will always be my favorite fashion designer.
- I’ve never traveled anywhere outside the United States (except to Niagara Falls, which is Canada on a technicality…) but have pushed the U.S. boundaries and have visited Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico!
- My eyebrows, specifically my left eyebrow, is the biggest point of frustration that I have when it comes to doing my makeup. Grow hair in that bald spot, dang it! Thank goodness brow pencils. 😉